Wednesday, August 23, 2006

my free press DREAM(S)

after the iligan national writers' workshop, i set two hurdles for myself: the dumaguete national writers' workshop and the philippines free press. if you can really write passable prose, i told myself, then get in and get published.

get in and get published i did!

yes, i had the chronology memorized: i emailed my story to paolo manalo on 31 january 2006; got his email confirmation on 15 february; saw my story on the 25 february 2006 issue---all in a span of a little over 20 days!

just a li'l confession: i hoped for an artist's rendition of maybe anna, my protagonist, or the little mermaid to go with DREAMS. but no such luck. i just told myself that maybe the artist had a mound of things to do that he couldn't devote time to my story given the short notice. consuelo de bobo to the max, yes!

on the occassion of the philippines free press awards today, i'm posting the page on which DREAMS was printed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, uninspired nga. Like a rain on your parade, hahaha. But that's okay, am sure you were still happy it came out.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger kampanaryo_spy said...

oo naman deans. sobrang happy in fact.

thanks for dropping by.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Resty Odon said...

write more!

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger kampanaryo_spy said...

hi res,

i am currently ransacking my lit morgue for some 'operation lazarus.'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home